UPDATED MARCH 16 @ 4 pm.
Dear Morning Star Family,
One of the things I love about God is how He prepares us for what’s ahead even when we don’t realize that’s what He’s doing. How many times in the past few weeks have we talked about being married to the mission, not the method? Our mission is leading people to pursue a Jesus-first life. For the next few weeks, we’ll be pioneering the way we do that on Sundays. Are you up for an adventure? Are you ready to see God do something new in our midst?
“Welcome home” for sure, but in a more intimate setting—our homes. We’ll worship together, pray together, and have family-friendly, interactive, conversational teaching together. You’ll even be able to give online together. This is not just a live stream of our regular services, but something new and different. What will it look like? Well, we’ll learn as we go. We can promise you it won’t be polished or perfect, but it will be fun and encouraging! Together we can do this!
Here’s a basic outline of our plan.
We know that things can change quickly. We’ll keep you updated and informed should we need to make any adjustments.
Large-group gatherings (Sunday mornings) will be online.
- If you’re in a Community Group, we are suspending all weekly meetings, as well as Sunday Watch Parties in order to comply with CDC recommendations. Click HERE for Jared’s update.
Small-group gatherings will not continue to meet throughout the week, with wisdom.
- Celebrate Recovery will not meet for the next month.
- Student Ministries will not be meeting until further notice, and the Modesto/Salem Mission trip has been canceled. For more information, check out this post.
- Women’s Ministries will not be meeting for Bible Study starting Thursday, March 19 until further notice.
- Men’s Ministries will not meet until further notice.
- Note: If you have questions about any group meeting, please contact the church offices or your group leader.
We are confident that this is a wise, well-reasoned, prudent (and exciting) course of action. We have an unexpected opportunity to do church different. Let’s anchor our existence in the truth of God’s Word, put on our missionary boots, and run toward those who need the love and grace of Jesus.
As always, if you have any questions or input, please email or speak with any of the leadership team or elders. We ask you to join us in trusting God and praying for our communities in this challenging time. We love you, pray for you, and are committed to loving and leading you well.
Scott and John
And here again is the link: