So . . . who’s got COVID-cabin fever already? Man, we have been thinking about all of you with littles! Even though we’ve had to cancel our upcoming events, we wanted to offer you some resources to keep those little ones busy, educated, and entertained! Here are some things we’ve found while combing through social media, and let us know if you’ve found other resources you think would be helpful so we can add them to the list!
Zonder Kids has free Easter and other free resources!
Today.com has an article about “How to Home-School During the Coronavirus Crisis with Free Resources.”
Mo Millems is hosting a live stream doodle every weekday.
Big Picture Bible Crafts has a pdf booklet for 101 crafts to teach your kids the Bible!
Ranger Rick has resources for being stuck at Home.
Family Bible Films offers a free Easter Bundle
Adventures in Odyssey is free for 4 weeks.
“Science Mom” on YouTube is posting videos daily for “quaran-time” (focused on ages 7 to 12.)
Reading Rockets offers resources for Pre-Kindergarten.
Freedom Homeschooling is offering virtual field trips!
Family Education listed some ideas for being home with littles.
Cincinnati Zoo is doing Home Safari Facebook Lives every day at 3 pm.
OtherGoose.com is free for the next couple weeks (ages 2-7)!
AUDIBLE.COM is making several kids books free to listen!
Metropolitan Pediatrics posted resources for families covering all kinds of topics: Food, Childcare, Technology, Utilities, Homeowner Assistance, Unemployment, AND a list of Educational Opportunities (listed below)!
- Scholastic Learn at Home provides free educational tools daily to keep kids reading, thinking, and growing: classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome.html
- Virtual Field Trips let you explore from the comfort of your own home: docs.google.com/document/d/1SvIdgTx9djKO6SjyvPDsoGlkgE3iExmi3qh2KRRku_w/mobilebasic
- Virtual Museums: www.travelandleisure.com/attractions/museums-galleries/museums-with-virtual-tours?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=social-share-article&utm_content=20200313&fbclid=IwAR2zzAg7MpmXhpa75MNC3qlksaH-FqFBHBODFDx85pkXh-YDH8oTEX4kmB8
- Educational companies offering free subscriptions due to school closures: www.amazingeducationalresources.com
- GoNoodle offers free fun for kids: www.gonoodle.com
- Raddish is a cooking club for kids, offering free cooking ideas to support homeschooling: www.raddishkids.com/pages/suddenlyhomeschooling
- The Kitchen Table Classroom has free online art classes: www.kitchentableclassroom.com
- Lunch Doodles is a virtual art class with artist Mo Willems daily at 10am: www.kennedy-center.org/education/mo-willems/
- Disney is offering Free Imagineering in a Box classes: www.khanacademy.org/humanities/hass-storytelling/imagineering-in-a-box
- Online Ivy League courses you can take for free: www.freecodecamp.org/news/here-are-380-ivy-league-courses-you-can-take-online-right-now-for-free-9b3ffcbd7b8c/