Hello, Morning Star Family!
MStar is moving outdoors for Church on the Lawn! Starting August 9, we will be meeting on the front lawn of our campus for our 9 and 11 am Sunday worship services! We plan to gather in the beautiful Oregon outdoors (weather permitting) for the rest of the summer and as long into the fall as we possibly can. Here are a few important things to know:
- Please read the “outdoor worship service” section below to know what to expect during our outdoor services.
- If you want to understand some of the “whys” regarding our choices during this season, PLEASE CLICK HERE to learn about the heart behind our decisions.
- Moving our in-person Sunday morning gatherings outside will require some extra volunteers before and after each of our services. If you would like to volunteer for our set-up or tear-down teams, PLEASE DO SO BY CLICKING HERE. No experience or special knowledge required!
Outdoor Worship Service Expectations and Requirements // Services will be held on Morning Star’s front lawn, immediately on the left as you enter our main driveway.
- Showing Symptoms // If you are sick or have been exposed to someone with COVID 19, continue to stay home and participate online.
- RSVP // Please RSVP to attend at mstar.church. We have a 250-person capacity for each service. Your RSVP is for our planning purposes only.
- Social Distancing is Required.
- Masks // During our outdoor services, masks are recommended at all times, but are only required when social distancing is not possible. Masks continue to be required for all our indoor activities.
- What to Bring // Please bring your own lawn chair or blanket, sunscreen, and water.
- Seating Arrangements // The lawn will be divided into 8 x 16 ft “pods” for each household. We will provide pop-up canopies and they will be limited to the outer edge for visibility purposes.
- Sanitizing Your Hands // Please use one of our hand sanitizer stations before entering the lawn.
- Bathrooms // We will have honey buckets at the office lawn and the restrooms at the main building will be open. Please remember that masks are required indoors.
- Parking // Parking in the office parking lot is limited and will be designated for handicapped and senior congregants. We’re asking everyone else to please park in our main parking lot.
- Children // We will start phasing in our kids’ classes on August 16. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
- Song Lyrics // During our outdoor services, we will not have projector capabilities. CLICK HERE for song lyrics through our MStar app. If you’d like a hard copy of the song lyrics, CLICK HERE. Printed lyrics are available at the information tent as you enter.
While we are meeting in person outside, we are pleased to be able to continue our online services at mstar.live.
We look forward to worshiping together in person and online! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask or set up an appointment by emailing John at John@mstar.church