Summer camp is one of our absolute favorite things we do all year. While we’re sad that it looks a little different this year, we are STOKED to introduce something new: GREAT CAMP. A mix of all things Great Xscape and Adventure Camp, this three-day DAY camp will be on our home turf at MStar and packed full of as much summer fun as you can handle.
Great Camp is a day camp happening August 17, 18, and 19 from 10 am-10 pm for students entering grades 6-12 in the fall. Lunch, dinner, and snacks will be provided.
Safety for our students, volunteers, and staff is our number one priority. Our events and programming will be tailored to current guidelines so that we can create a safe place for our students. Here is a bullet point list of some of the precautions we are taking to make this event as safe as possible. If you have any questions, please call Kate at the church offices at 503-581-2477 or email email@example.com.
- Social distancing, frequent hand washing or sanitizing, and face coverings while indoors/outside when within six feet of others will be required. (Per state mandate, children under 5 are not required to wear face coverings.) Frequently used areas will be sanitized regularly throughout the day
- Staff and volunteers will be trained prior to the event on proper safety protocols
- Students will be in stable groups during all activities (groups of 10 or less that stay together for the duration of the event)
- Proper food handling will be observed, including single serve when possible
- Any student or staff experiencing symptoms of illness are asked to stay home
Listed below are links to the Oregon Health Authority information regarding summer camps and venue gatherings if you would like to read more in-depth on the regulations we’ve used to plan this day camp.