Whether you are new to or visiting the Salem area, you’ve been a long-time follower of Jesus and you are looking to for a good church family, you’ve hit a crisis in your life and don’t where to turn, or you are curious and checking out what Jesus is all about—we realize that walking into a church—or being new anywhere—can be intimidating and maybe a little scary. We want to make that easier for you—and let you know you are welcome here.
Service Times and Location:
Our gatherings are at: 9:00 AM and 11:00 AM on Sunday Mornings
Address: 4775 27th Ave SE. Salem, OR 97306
What Can I Expect?
- As soon as you drive in you will see that you are important to us. We have people out in the parking lot ready to greet you and give you directions. We have signs as you drive in directing you to our “Guest Parking”. We have already made space for you.
- As you walk up to our building you will see two entrances that are labeled—“Main Entrance” and “Family Entrance”. There will be people at each entrance ready to greet you and give you any assistance or directions you need. Our “Family Entrance” is for families with young kids who want to check their kids into our amazing and fun “MStar Kids” area where we care for and engage kids from 6 weeks old to 5th grade. Our main entrance will take you right into our main “North Lobby” that connects you to all the important things, like coffee (!), the bathrooms, and our north auditorium where our gatherings take place.
- Both our 9 AM and 11 AM gatherings are the same. You can expect them to be around 80 minutes long. You will experience some engaging music and singing with the lyrics on the screen, and an authentic, relevant, and Biblical teaching—all centered on Jesus—that will be practical to your life.
What About My Kids?
- We understand the apprehension of leaving your kids in a new place. We want you to know to know that we take the responsibility and safety of the children we’ve been entrusted with as our top priority. We value family so we want to make it easier for families to be a part of a church gathering. And we believe that kids should have a blast, learn tons, and be safe! So every one of our MStar Kids volunteers are trained and have current background checks. They are there volunteering in those areas because they love investing in those kids. We have age-appropriate classes for various ages.
- On your first Sunday, leave yourself an extra 10 minutes to get your kids checked in for the first time. There will be staff and volunteers there to help you navigate through this.
- Middle School students have their own service at 11 am in the South Auditorium as you walk in the Family Entrance.
- High School students are encouraged to join in our main gathering at both the 9 and 11 am services.
Do I have to check in my kids? Can they go in with me to the main service?
- Our MStar Kids is a supplement and a help to parents with age-appropriate and engaging teaching. Your kids are more than welcome to come in and sit with you. For new parents, we also have a “parent and baby room” at the far end of our north lobby where you can still engage in our gatherings if your little one gets a bit fussy.
What do I wear? Is there a dress code or expectation?
- We believe Jesus is more concerned about our hearts than our clothes. You will experience a range of people in shorts and a t-shirt, jeans and a flannel shirt, to dresses and suits.
Can I bring coffee into the Sunday gathering?
- YES! We serve free coffee in our breezeway each Sunday, as well as have donuts or light snacks for sale at our Grace Café in the South. Grab that donut and coffee and join us in our North Auditorium at 9 or 11 AM.