Morning Star’s mission is to lead people to pursue a Jesus-first life.
We see a church family radically pursuing a Jesus-first life as we anchor our existence in the truth of God’s Word.
We see a church where every person is a missionary, equipped and unafraid to live and share the gospel around the dinner table, in the breakroom, and with neighbors at a front porch BBQ. Together we run toward those who need the love and grace of Jesus, so that in the next five years 20,000 people will hear the gospel.
We see a church that says “Welcome Home” to every person who needs a family, a church overflowing with new believers where relationships are restored and healing takes place in all.
We need all of this not just for us, but so future generations will know Jesus and change the world.
Here are the things that we value, and help inform what we do:
- Biblical Truth
- We build our foundation on the living, authoritative Word of God and let it shape everything we do.
- Missional Living
- We live centered on the call to make disciples, so we will be contributors, rather than consumers of church. We won’t just bring people to church, we will bring Jesus to our community.
- We intentionally cultivate meaningful relationships that foster a sense of belonging, promote growth in Jesus, and allow all to be known, because life is better together.
- We embrace every believer as adopted members of our church family and will equip families as the primary means of discipleship.
- We will be known for radical generosity, intentionality, and care for everything we have and everything we are–because it is all His.
- Cultural Relevance
- We will build bridges and break down barriers to bring timeless, unchanging truths in ways others can understand.
- We will lead open and transparent lives in the midst of our brokenness as we are transformed by the Holy Spirit.
- We do everything to the best of our abilities, because everything we do matters to God.
Maybe these ideas fire you up the way they do us. Maybe you want to put Jesus first, or at least have good conversation about what that looks like. If that’s you, come be a part of this family, and let’s pursue making Jesus first together.
If you’re interested in diving into the details, you can read our full doctrinal statement here.